Thursday, September 3, 2009

Readings

I found the chapters in Web Literacy for Educators very interesting. Really, I found they taught me a great deal. I did not really know that anyone could edit a wiki. Blogging was a foreign concept to me. Moreover, I did not really know how the Internet worked with the companies buying the search names on Google or other sites. While I knew how to use the Internet, and spent a great deal of time on it, I did not really know exactly "how" it worked. The chapters were very eye opening to me, apparently I was living under a rock. As much as I "knew" about technology, learning how to search, how it worked, and about podcasts and blogging was pretty new to me. I am actually glad I had to read the chapters because I learned alot.
I think that using technology in the classroom is very important, but I was not sure how I could incorporate it. Now I think that blogging is a great tool for students to use, especially in economics. I feel like I could have students talk about current political issues in the economy and post their blogs about it. I also think subscribing to the RSS of sites like the New York Times would be very helpful for the students to see. Very relevant articles are often posted in the Economist as well, and subscribing to these sites would keep students and myself completely updated on the news in the economy.

1 comment:

  1. Mallory, I am exactly like you! I had no idea how anything on the internet worked! I think blogging will be a great tool for your economics class. It will be interesting to see how the students feel about current issues and what they read.

    ReplyDelete